Here are 6 useful pieces of information that will expand your knowledge on the process of teeth whitening.
- Teeth are very absorbent and as such, they will take the colour of anything you put in your mouth. This is why certain beverages and foods will colour your teeth and leave them stained. The reason this occurs is due to the fact that your teeth have pores, which will absorb the colour of anything you put in your mouth. Over time, this will stain your teeth. The pores on your teeth, much like the pores on your skin will need to be cleaned manually and will not clean themselves. Teeth whitening products will absorb through the pores of your teeth and then slowly push out the colour through the same pores.
- Teeth whitening products are not harmful to your teeth despite common belief, teeth whitening products are just as safe as brushing and flossing. If used as instructed, you should face no damages. However, abuse of teeth whitening products can and will likely cause damage.
- The differences between Teeth Whitening products come from the method of cleaning and not particularly from the ingredients used. This is because all Teeth Whitening products mainly use the same ingredients. Your best bet is to utilize a custom tray moulded specifically for your teeth. This will ensure optimal coverage across the entire surface area of your teeth.
- Sensitivity is a common temporary side effect that occurs after a teeth whitening session. The reason your teeth may feel sensitive is due to dehydration caused by teeth whitening products. Your teeth will remineralize and rehydrate themselves within a day.
- Whitening your teeth before going to sleep will provide optimal results. Teeth whitening products open your pores and therefore make your teeth stain easier. Applying them before going to bed will reduce any chances of staining. Another benefit to applying the products before going to bed is that you will avoid having to deal with sensitive teeth, as your teeth will re-mineralize and rehydrate while you sleep.
- Laser whitening is temporary. The process of shining Ultra Violet (UV) lights on your gel covered teeth increases the speed at which your teeth whiten. However, this can only be done under the supervision of a dental professional. Additionally, the process is very time consuming and expensive as well. Do not be fooled by overnight light whitening products as those do absolutely nothing. Those products do not emit UV lights and therefore do not speed up the gel process.
NEW PATIENTS OFFERS
Once we receive your request, a staff member will contact you to confirm the appointment.